About the Role
You will be part of a team overseen by a Survey Site Supervisor, who will monitor works in the field, and supported by a Projects Supervisor in the Office Operations Team to ensure that the correct equipment is prepared, mobilised and maintained on all live projects. You will be responsible for the preparation, set-up, operation and monitored maintenance of the UXO Magnetometer survey plant, equipment and tools used to acquire land based Magnetometer data in the UK.
Responsible to: Survey Supervisor and Survey Managers (Site-Based) Operations Supervisor and Project Supervisors (Office-Based)
Main Tasks of the Job
- UK resident and eligible to work in the UK
- Full drivers licence, including access to a car and available to travel to project sites across the UK
- Must be able to stay overnight in company provided accommodation
- Must be able to transport project equipment as and when required
- Provide valid photo ID i.e. driving licence, passport; CV; qualification certificates; health questionnaire where requested by head office for specific projects.
- Have valid CSCS card (green or above)
- Must be able to communicate effectively both oral and written
- Ability to solve problems systematically
- Motivated to produce superior quality work while adhering to project timelines
- Well presented with technical skills and have a commercial approach to solving problems
- Self-motivated with a flexible attitude, and be able to adapt quickly to change
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Experience in construction or other site based works
- Previous experience in civil engineering sector beneficial
Plant/Rig Operator Responsibilities
- Operate Survey rig and oversee operations for cone penetration testing in line with 1LD RAMS and company Intrusive Survey procedures.
- Responsible for operating all 1LD rigs in line with Rig Operation Manuals and training.
- Ensure a high standard of operating processes are followed in line with company procedure to avoid any unnecessary damage to company plant and equipment.
- Providing guidance to the support operators (Rod Man) on how to assist them during testing.
- Collect and log factual field data into the ifield program as outlined in company procedures.
- Responsible for monitoring data as it is being recorded, ensuring any changes and or obstructions are identified and reported to the Survey Supervisor in a timely manner.
- Completing Intrusive survey logs in line with company procedures to accurately record each surveyed position e.g. confirmed on position, depth, time etc
- Carrying out daily rig checks as follows:
- Mechanical and consumable level checks e.g. (not limited to) water, hydraulic oil, fuel, checking wear of tyres and tyre pressure, ensuring that tracked rigs are fully tensioned etc
- Inventory checks on consumables – e.g. cone wear, cone spares, dirt wipers etc
- Completing Daily Rig Check sheets and alerting Site Supervisor and Office Operations to low levels and mechanical issues.
- Ensure that all equipment and tools are in good working order and reporting any issues to Site Supervisor and Office Operations (Assisting Site Supervisor to complete Asset Incident Reports).
- Ensuring that Intrusive Survey rigs are kept clean and tidy, ensuring it is of an acceptable standard ready for a handover.
- Following rig shut down procedures in line with procedures i.e power isolator is switched off.
- Ensuring the security of the rig (rig is locked and all tools are locked and out of sight).
- Periodic basic maintenance of the rigs e.g. fuel refills, cleaning swapping rods, changing dirt wipers, cleaning tightening clamps, clean-up of laptop data.
- Assisting with Non-Intrusive Survey’s where required as follows:
- Assembling, operating and disassembling magnetometer equipment.
- Assisting Supervisor with setting out.
- Cleaning and maintenance of equipment at the end of each day and project.
If you are interested in working for 1st Line Defence contact the Business Management Team using the details below: