About the Role
As the Trainee Site Supervisor you will be part of team and your primary responsibility will be to work closely with the Survey Supervisor/Survey Manager to oversee all field based magnetometer surveys and monitor the productivity and execution of the project scope of work to a high standard and the client’s expectation. The Trainee Site Supervisor has ultimate responsibility to assist with co-ordinate the site based team and the company’s sub-contractors on site well as liaise with the client to ensure our contractual obligations are met.
Responsible to: Survey Managers (Site-Based) Operations Supervisor and Project Supervisors (Office-Based)
Responsible for: Survey Operator and Senior Survey Operator
Main Tasks of the Job
- UK resident and eligible to work in the UK
- Full drivers licence, including access to a car and available to travel to project sites across the UK
- Must be able to stay overnight in company provided accommodation
- Must be able to transport project equipment as and when required
- Provide valid photo ID i.e. driving licence, passport; CV; qualification certificates; health questionnaire where requested by head office for specific projects.
- Have valid CSCS card (green or above)
- Must be able to communicate effectively both oral and written
- Ability to solve problems systematically
- Motivated to produce superior quality work while adhering to project timelines
- Well presented with technical skills and have a commercial approach to solving problems
- Self-motivated with a flexible attitude, and be able to adapt quickly to change
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Experience in construction or other site based works
- Experience in managing site based teams and contractors
- Previous experience in civil engineering sector beneficial
Main Survey Supervisor Responsibilities
- Work closely with the office Project Supervisors to understand the scope by ensuring that the project requirements, specification, drawings, health & safety rules are read and understood, including all UXO Risk Assessments
- Support the Survey Supervisor in carrying out the following responsibilities:
- Managing all Health & Safety requirements and ensuring that 1LD and client responsibilities have been met in line with H&S policies and procedures, including any works area segregation, fencing and appropriate welfare.
- Managing all 1LD and supplier personnel on site including:
- Communication of project scope of work and objectives
- Control all 1LD and sub contractor site assets
- Ensuring daily calibration tests and checks are carried out on all plant and equipment on site in line with manufacturer’s and/or 1st Line Defence’s procedures.
- Ensure all 1LD personnel and 1LD sub-contractor personnel are carrying out their duties in line with their roles and responsibilities.
- Manage timeliness and conduct of all 1LD personnel and 1LD sub-contractor personnel on site.
- Assist with carrying out project area inspections, prior to the commencement of works and at regular intervals during the project in order to advise the office Operations and the client of any potential risks or issues which may prevent or cause delay to the scope of works.
- Assist with supervising and managing the project to achieve required levels of production as outlined by the scope of works under the guidance of the office Project Supervisors. Maintain the project objectives in line with scope of works, this includes the effective management of 1LD services on site i.e. drilling, survey operations and any other 1LD works.
- Daily communication with Project and Survey Supervisors to highlight any changes or potential changes to clients scope of work and following up immediately with appropriate paperwork i.e. variation to works.
- Manage and execute any additional client requirements during the project including survey position movement, additional surveys, or change in scope, only as directed and approved by office Operations.
- Reporting and recording reduced levels of production and obtaining client standing signoff on the project work records when caused by client.
- Tracking daily production and maintaining updated and accurate drawings on site.
- Daily submission of survey data and survey records to the Geophysics Department and daily paperwork to Operations QC Team.
- Have an awareness of commercial impacts of projects and ensure commercial matters are filtered to office operations to review and approve, final decisions are not to be made on site.
- Collecting and returning equipment to the office, carrying out handovers of equipment to other field staff as and when directed by office Operations team.
- Support the survey operator in carrying out testing including operation of survey equipment
- Prepping the survey rig and assisting with minor maintenance
- Act as a Banksman during survey rig movement across client sites
- Setting out survey locations using GPS equipment
- Act in a support staff role as and when required i.e. where another qualified member of field staff is the lead for that project
- The Trainee Site Supervisor will be required to assist, cover or train in other field-based services outside of their normal role
If you are interested in working for 1st Line Defence contact the Business Management Team using the details below: